Innovation at the heart of our products
Our innovation process is at the heart of our strategy and allows us to offer our customers the best-in-class natural ingredients for their cosmetic applications. Our innovation consists of 4 main steps:
- Ethical sourcing: we take inspiration from nature to find effective raw materials that we source while respecting regulations and local populations.
- Differentiating deciphering: we identify molecules of interest and their mechanism of action to develop the best-in-class ingredients.
- Efficient processing: we are a leader in plant extraction, and we keep improving our industrial processes in order to increase efficiency and reduce our impact on the environment.
- Smart positioning: We understand the needs and trends of today and strive to develop ingredients that will provide unique benefits to our customers.
Guaranteeing transparency with the blockchain technology
Transparency and traceability are a priority to ensure we comply with all regulations. ACT4s.com (Active Cosmetic Trust for SEQENS) is the name of the traceability solution developed by SEQENS based on Blockchain technology to guarantee in real-time that each step from the plant sourcing to the release of the active ingredients complies with the COSMOS referential.
Seqens Cosmetics Natural Ingredients offer
Natural Active Ingredients
The development of our active ingredients is based on 3 innovation platforms.
Exposome scientific platform
For years, SEQENS Cosmetics has been passionate about the different factors that affect our skin on a daily basis: the Exposome.
With an urban lifestyle, people are facing daily aggressions such as pollution, tobacco smoke and UV rays, which can have a negative impact on our skin, the primary interface with our environment. We searched for natural solutions to fight against the effects of the exposome and developed botanical active ingredients to protect the skin from external aggressions.
Cell’intact: The buckwheat seed extract for urban skin. SEQENS Cosmetics proposes new solutions to tackle the Exposome through the launching of a new Expobiota scientific concept: “Expo” for exposome, “biota” for skin flora .
Longevity scientific platform
SEQENS Cosmetics seeks to unlock well-aging mysteries. Our investigations focus on blue zones: regions recognized by scientists for the high proportion of healthy centenarians.
The characterized getto leaf extract from Okinawa Island. This well-aging solution acts as a slow-aging enhancer, a cell connection booster and skin complexion perfector.
Glyco-intelligence scientific platform
SEQENS Cosmetics deciphers the structure of mega-sugars (exopolysaccharides) to predict their biological activities.
Glycuron 2.78: the 4 MDa megasugar active ingredient rich in uronic acid, from a Moorean biofermented source.
Collection of botanical extracts inspired by art
SEQENS Cosmetics was naturally inspired by famous artworks to create natural ingredient collections illustrating masterpieces.
Mont Venturi Collection
Inspired by the painting “La Montagne Sainte-Victoire vue de Montbriand” by the French artist Paul Cézanne, this collection of 12 natural plant extracts is an invitation for a walk around the stunning landscape of the Sainte-Victoire mountain.
The range “Terroir en Beauté” : organic extracts from France
France is home to exceptional biodiversity and inspiring flora of more than 4,900 botanical species.
SEQENS Cosmetics has selected some species from French regions to develop its collection of organic botanical extracts”Terroir en Beauté”.
Custom Development & Manufacturing
Cocreatation of botanical active ingredients.
SEQENS Cosmetics develops custom ingredients from A to Z to adapt its offer to its customers’ requirements.
Our customers can choose 100% personalized projects by adjusting the following parameters:
- Part of the plant
- Manufacturing process
- Flexible preservation system (auto-preservation, sterilizing filtration)
Surface: 40, 000 m²
- 4 kilo-labs
- 2 cGMP pilot plants with 11 multipurpose reactors from 100 L to 2, 800 L (total capacity of 12 m³)
- Temperature range: -15/+150°C (hastelloy reactor: -80/+200°C)
- 3 finishing rooms (agitated filter dryers, filters, dryers, milling and sieving equipments)
- Crystallization expertise and technologiesd(salt, co-crystal and polymorph screenings, process development)
- Process Safety expertise and tecnologies
- Flow chemistry for fine chemicals
- Potent API process development
- Genotoxic Impurities
- Issue Management
- Generic A.P.I Solid state expertise
Last inspection: ANSM October 2018
Number of scientists: 110
Other: Ecosystem Pharma with integrated services
Surface: 2, 000 m²
Lab surface: 70 m²
Capabilities: 4, 570 L of cosmetics reactors
Flagship technologies: Botanical extraction
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- EcoVadis gold